I saw that someone else had done this and decided to do my own “Why I’m a good mom” list because I think I am my own worse critic and this is a good way to remind myself just what I manage to do on my own. 🙂 My kids make it worth it.
The Official List of Reasons why I am Good Mom.
1. I feed my kids breakfast, lunch, and dinner…even though I hate to cook.
2. I sacrificed most, if not all, the whipped cream off the top of my ice caps every time I get one; so that my two-year-old daughter could have it.
3. I participate in in-depth, detailed conversation with my little one about Dora and boots while sitting on the toilet trying have a pee.
4. I didn’t begin yelling about such things as messy rooms, un-finished dishes, dirty clothes on my 16 year old son’s floor, and green marker on the wall until well after noon, I just didn’t have the energy to yell any sooner since I’ve had a sick kid on my hands the last two weeks.
5. I answered all 9000 of Ḉamaya’s questions today without losing my patience, yet in all honesty was about to pull my hair out when she asked why she couldn’t kiss the cats tongue…
6.While on the bus I allowed my daughter the window seat so she could watch the cars, instead she sat on my lap and screamed about my boobs… OH JOY!
7. I didn’t melt down on my son when I walked into his room and could smell “Teen angst” * NOTHING in the world smells worse than a teen aged boys bed room that’s been closed up for days at a time! (NOW I know where the term “Gag me with a spoon!” comes from!)
8. Even though I only get about 4 hours of sleep a night, I STILL allow my daughter to crawl in bed with me, because the snuggles and mommy time with her is SO worth the 2 am kick to the chops and fingers up the nose.
9. That no matter how many times I clean the living room, knowing my daughter is happy and having fun is the reason why I don’t lose it when I’m fishing dinkies out of my son’s fish tank for the 6th time this week.
10. That even thou my son is a computer junkie, and tends to slack on things he should do; I know he’s better off absorbed in his video games and computer because I KNOW where he is, he doesn’t back talk me. He does what he’s told to do when I ask him. I know he will NEVER be brought home but the cops or taken out by them either because he knows, I’m here if he needs me and he also knows I’ll kick his ass if he screws up but only because I DO care so damn much!
11. I’m here. 24/7 – 365 days a year. I do EVERYTHING… I do NOT have the support of their father in ANY aspect. That’s OK with me. I don’t care that he’s not here. (I do a better job on my own anyway LOL) AND, I get ALL the love/snuggles I could possibly want and I don’t have to share! so HA! LOL…*yes childish but I …. 😛 Puttttttt!!! NA!*
12. If it wasn’t for my friends helping when I get sick/need to go buy food or other aspects in a single mom’s life I think I’d have lost it long ago… I’m NOT super mom but I think I do a damn super job and as the song goes. ♫ “I get by with a little help from my friends!”♫
So although I feel like I am a bad mom because of the stupid little things I didn’t do, or I obsess over how I screwed up with my oldest (because I wasn’t hard enough on her or too damn easy either way I still blame myself) and that’s why she hates me so much, I write things like this down to remind myself that even though things may not be perfect, there’s something good in every little thing we do together, and that tomorrow’s another day. Granted it will most likely start with some yelling, some patience being lost, near loss of hair due to mommy wanting to pull it out and TONS of Mommy guilt, when I feel like I was nuts for having another child at my age, I stop and think, it’s going to be a good one because I got this, I have experience and if there’s one thing I know in life is that sure I’m not perfect, but look at my kids, they are the one thing I DID make perfectly!